Hi, everyone! It’s that time again! Monthly news and accountability!
Life And Other Such Important Matters
Life continues, as it does. We’re just puttering along as best we can. I’m trying to get back into actual updates, which so far has been going swimmingly. (It has not.) I’ve adjusted to a cat-less life for the time being. It still feels weird. I blame this for my sudden acquisition of a strawberry plant. My bramble has survived the winter and seems to be doing fairly well despite my fears. I’m… impressed. I have no green thumbs whatsoever and am used to killing everything green I attempt to care for.
Big changes may or may not be on the horizon. I may not know until the end of the month. And… beyond that honestly life just goes on and we do our best to function.
- He Must Go Walk the Woods paperback
- Rerelease Fairytale Verses & Rapunzel, Rapunzel
- Rerelease Among the Glimmering Flowers
- LP of Rise of the Tomb Raider
- One novelette/short novella
- 3 chapters of Promises 2
- 14 books read
- season 3&4 of The Legend of Korra watched
- Finalise book proposal draft
- LP of Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Stay on track (or at least don’t fall further behind where I wanted to be)
- Sort out the print proofs of FBF and Woods
Hey, look, I mostly succeeded at this! I’m not sure how clearly I’ve stayed on track, but I certainly don’t think I’ve fallen behind where I wanted to be. At worst I’ve rearranged a few things that needed doing. Still! We’re aiming higher for May! I think I’m at a point where I don’t have a bajillion admin aspects running through my brain and may actually manage to focus somewhat sensibly.
This Month’s Fiction Wordcount: ???
This Month’s Non-Fiction Wordcount: 0
April was largely taken up with prep for book 2 of Promises, as I’d decided that the best way to approach it is to reread book 1 and try to actually organise my notes so I can find things easily if I need them. (Spoiler: so far it turns out I did not need them, after all.) It also saw me finalise the paperback for He Must Go Walk the Woods So Wild, rerelease Among the Glimmering Flowers, and relaunching the verse novels under a more streamlined author name. (I’m nothing if not fickle. I know.) So I actually got a lot of necessary admin and book-related things done. They just ate into my writing time a lot. But since all that is out of the way now… May is looking optimistic.
Stand-out Positive Moment
The moment I got to hold the He Must Go Walk the Woods So Wild proof in my hands. EEEEEE!!! FINALLY! I’m so happy people seem to enjoy that collection. I wasn’t entirely sure how it’d be received since I combined extremely fluffy and soft stories with some extremely dark ones, but people seem to like them and appreciate the balance between them.
This Month on Patreon
- Discussing Chapter 11 of ACE
- Let’s Play Rise of the Tomb Raider #26
- Let’s Play Rise of Tomb Raider: Extra #1
- Discussing “Opting Out: Anorexia, Asexuality, and Early Modern Women” by Simone Chess
- Let’s Play Rise of Tomb Raider: Extra #2
- Discussing “Unconventional Uncles: Queer Father Figures and Avuncular Relationships in Wilkie Collins’ The Woman in White and Sarah Waters’ Fingersmith” by Christine Johns
- Story: The World Works in Sevens
- Let’s Play Rise of Tomb Raider: Extra #3
How about you? What have you been up to lately? Has anything awesome happened?